Wednesday, September 16, 2009

How to say thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSfFYxSdKdo

When I see the doctor who performed Stacy's kidney transplant I use this universal sign. He's a remarkable man from Nigeria who has gorgeous intelligent eyes and a smile that lights up the room and instantly calmed me when I was near hysterics after arriving at Loma Linda hospital. We were met by a transplant team of seven who surrounded Stacy's hospital bed and pelted me with questions that raised my anxiety to such a high level I nearly grabbed Stacy up and made a run for it! Dr. O simply patted everyone on the shoulder and took charge; his arm was around my quivering shoulders when he said, "It'll be okay." And so it was.

Thanks to Nancy Neva for emailing me this link to Georgia O'keeffe videos.

No comments: