Friday, September 04, 2009

#46 of 52 projects


Crooked? Yes. The hand-torn fabrics decided they wanted to be crooked, so why not go with it? Besides, I did have in mind a fragment effect which is often achieved by loose threads, uneven and raw edges and haphazard sewing; that's my story.

Components: Manipulated photo printed on Bubble Jet Set fabric. B/W stripe remnant. Backed with black fabric.

Quote: A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence. Pam Brown.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS!!! The contrast is phenomenal the horse is awesome I absolutely love this piece Gail!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS!!! The contrast is phenomenal the horse is awesome I absolutely love this piece Gail!