Friday, April 11, 2008

The Mystery Technique is . . .


Gesso. Who would have thunk that gesso could be so textural? I must have been using inferior brands until now because I never was able to get the gesso to create such interesting textures. Once the gesso was dry I used Golden fluid acrylics and randomly painted them over the surface and of course the texture was begging for gold highlights.

Carol guessed the technique correctly so a pouch will be winging its way off to her.

The gesso technique is on Trish's group; thanks for the challenge!!
I think you find the instructions here:

Scroll down a little to see more scans of the gesso technique.


Quote: Life is fair. It returns what it is given. Fair enough?
Sally Huss

5 comments:

Carol said...

Oh oh how exciting! I am so chuffed to be getting the pouch! Can't wait.

Sandy said...

The gesso did a better job than the puff paint I was using. I'll have to try it. Thanks for Trish's site-busy lady.

Elis Cooke said...

great texture technique! thanks for the link!

Val Foster said...

This is beautiful - fantastic texture. And you know what a total texture nut I am. I never would've guessed this was gesso. I must be using inferior gesso too, cuz I never got this kind of texture with gesso. I'm wondering if watered down wallboard joint compound would give a similar texture. Hmmmm, maybe I'll have to experiment with that. Thanks for posting this and for the link.

Trish Bee said...

GORGEOUS textured background! Its beautiful!