Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Cirque Du Soleil


The images running through my head after seeing "O," Cirque Du Soleil's wonder at the Bellagio, have crept into my work. Circles, spirals, lines, fire, water, light/dark and a bit of whimsy or perhaps it's the imagination that dreamt up the indescribable production. Whatever it is I'm grateful for it. A fondness for swirls and circles has finally found a place in my work.
Quote: The moment one gives close attention to anything, even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world. Henry Miller (again!)

2 comments:

Purple Missus said...

This is absolutely fabulous, a brilliant interpretation. The colour and the movement you have captured is stunning.
I have seen Cirque on tour in London a couple of times but would love to see their show in Las Vegas.
How lucky you are - and what a great time you had too.

Val Foster said...

This is AWESOME!!! Now, how in the world did you do it? Is that hot glue on there? I love the colors and the movement too. You should get away to Vegas more often, eh? (I'm sure you'd love to, but reality intervenes.)