Monday, April 21, 2008

Cirque inspired


So, it seems that the Cirque Du Soleil inspired work hasn't stopped. What looks something like a dream-catcher showed up in the upper right on this small piece.


Maybe my current fascination with circles has something to do with how chaotic life is; the circle often represents the need for formal structure. I've been obsessed with circle shapes over the years starting with mandalas that I wove and sold in galleries until the work started to become more assembly line than creative.

Upper left: three card cases I whipped last night. I love turning paper bags into something useful.


Quote: Creativity arises out of the tension between spontaneity and limitations, the latter forcing the spontaneity into the various forms which are essential to the work of art or poem.

Rollo May






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I enjoy seeing what you are doing with paper bags. Beautiful!!

Carol said...

Ohhhhh! so yummy colours and textures. Clever you.

Val Foster said...

This is another very beautiful circle texture piece. I can't wait to see what you do for our project. I'm still trying to think of ideas at this point, but I got my folders cut out and gessoed tonight, so that's a start. Tomorrow I hope to get down to some art.

Purple Missus said...

Just been catching up with your blog. All your pieces are, as usual, fabulous. Gorgeous colours and textures. I can't see that you will run out of inspiration from Cirque - not yet a while anyway.
And for people that have never seen Cirque or know what its about, these pieces would still look amazing. Stay with it, you're on to something here. :)