Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Urban


I'm not crazy about cutting a picture in half with any kind of line, but for some reason this one doesn't bother me. The grid on the lower half is more textural than bold which otherwise would definitely not have worked.

I bought some spatulas at the dollar store yesterday to use as spreaders rather than a much-used credit card that seems to create the same textures over and over. Surprising the spatulas, 5 of them, do make a difference. Changing tools is something to consider more often . . .

Quote: I am interested in art as a means of living a life; not as a means of making a living.
Robert Henri

2 comments:

Val Foster said...

Ooooohh, very, very cool Gail! Did you use just paint on this, or also gesso, or anything else? I have a hard time figuring out what you use to make such great art. Well, of course your great hands, but I mean in the way of supplies and tools. What dollar store did you get your spatulas at? The idea of changing tools sometimes is a good idea.

Anonymous said...

Hi Gail
it is cool to see your work and even though I haven't commented lately I am here.
Life has just been so busy for me that I have been spending minimal time on the computer.
I was just showing a friend the lovely art piece you sent me for my 50th.
I really treasure that.
Thanks friend :-)
Raewyn