Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Handmade Paper


Handmade papers and rust monoprinting. (Couldn't get this one to scan straight!) It seems that we're having a bit of a heat wave! 114 yesterday about that again today. Yikes! The monoprinting part of this piece only took about 2 hours instead of overnight. The background paper is my secret, rusted paper and the top layer is a blue speckled piece that was made from copy paper and blue card stock.

The transplant saga continues: My plan to load Dr. L. with as much info as I could along with my plea for help, and I'm positive the good thoughts and prayers from just about everyone we know, allowed things to fall into place in such a way that it now seems ridiculous that I was ever so upset! Faith!! We met with Dr. L at 1pm today and he said that he couldn't figure out why the transplant team needed his approval/clearance so he wrote on a prescription pad, "PT can have surgery." I wonder what the team will think about that? Then we started a plan to wean Stacy off of the Dilantin and increase one of her other meds which should take about 3 weeks. We're hoping for a balance that won't throw her precarious system into high-alert causing seizures. Sounds easy doesn't it?

Dr. L. was also in total agreement with me that it's not necessary to pursue the epilepsy surgery evaluation. Phew! What a load off.

Thank you readers for "listening."

Quote: Moodling, a combination of musing and mental doodling, can lead to floating over any number of obstacles . . . Jane Chanpagne

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the rusted piece. My thoughts and prayers are sent you and Stacy.

Unknown said...

Thank you!

Carol said...

I love all your pieces, but the colors in this one really speak to me.
So glad to hear things are looking better for you and Stacy. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Unknown said...

Thanks, I'll have to get a better pic of it!

Val Foster said...

I love this piece Gail. It's so "bohemian"! Love it, love it, love it. Especially the handmade paper. I've made my own handmade papers, but it's been several years since I made my last batch. I still have unused piles of it. I need to use it more in my art.

I used to do major marathon sessions and make 50 or more sheets in a session. That's why I still have piles of it. Lately I've considered experimenting with paper pulp, mixed in the blender, and used in my art. It's an idea I've had, but haven't acted on yet because I'm working all the time. Grrrr!!!

My prayers are with you and Stacy also. I'm so glad to hear things seem to be falling into place.

Unknown said...

Thanks Val! Maybe we should invite Darlene to a marathon paper making session! I've wanted to do more experimenting with pulp as well.