Thursday, July 23, 2009

Digging Deeper!


Seth, Altered Page, continued this exciting blog collaborative for Round #2 of Buried Treasures .

This piece was first posted on Feb. 9th and can be seen here. It's 6x6 inches and remains on exhibit on my gallery wall.

But, even if that's a favorite piece it's the 52 projects that started out as weekly ones that I treasure. When the project is done in Sept, celebrating my birthday, I'll have 52 mini quilts; that's a lot to celebrate in itself. I should be on week 45, but if you go to my PictureTrail site here, you'll notice that the last one posted is number #35. Yep, I'm running late, but the travel journal comes first. My favorites are #27 and #32.

Note: anyone who posts a comment before July 30th will be entered for a give-away as posted on July 3rd and the 11th.

Quote: you couldn't ask for better circumstances than you are in to learn the things you need to learn. Sally Huss

13 comments:

notmassproduced said...

mmmm lovely rusty goodness

Marit said...

How I love bloghopping through the colaborators blogs, seeing all those marvelous buried treasures! LOVE yours!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

The close-up of this is fantastic!
Love the layering.

Kim Mailhot said...

the colors and texture and depth of your treasure is really remarkable ! Thanks for uncovering it for us !
Cheers !

Caterina Giglio said...

Wow! visually chewy work!

ART*ticulation said...

I love this piece Gail I love all the texture and the colors are to die for. I don't know how I missed this, I'm so thrilled you posted it again. I did click on the full view....awesome!!!

Val Foster said...

Hi Gail. Sorry I haven't commented in a while. I love this piece, it really excites me, and all of your mini-quilts are so cool and very impressive. Not just the art, but the fact that you took this project on.

It's okay to be behind, I'm sure you'll catch up. And I can't wait to see your travel journal. All in due time, right? Art on, my friend, art on!!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm a bit late in getting to the collaboration posts, but I'm glad I saw it. So, did you ever tell how you got the lovely patina on the copper flashing?

As for your mini quilts, all I have to say is WOW. I've made a few and they are nothing like yours. I'm pretty partial to 1 and 13, but I haven't had a chance to view all of them yet, either.

You make super art. I'll be back often.

Kim Palmer said...

Loved this little piece, wonderful. LOVE coppery hues! Just been cruising through your Rome posts. I'm exhausted from all the walking! LOL! What a wonderful cultural experience that must have been. I'm sooo jealous! Oh, how appropriate the word verification is panting, LOL!

Ginny Gaskill said...

Would love to know how you got the wonderful texture on this piece. Love the colors.

A tired retired recluse @ Swallowcliffs.blogspot.com/ said...

I love the idea of the 52 projects. And art journaling... well, that is just right!

3rdEyeMuse said...

I'm drooling over that piece! oh! and I watched the slide show of your mini quilts (11, 13 & 32 are my favs) - what a GREAT project! thank you for digging deeper. :)

Seth said...

So good Gail. That surface is a beauty! Thanks for reposting.