Sunday, March 01, 2009

Rust dyed fabric



Some time back I rust dyed a leaf print that has spent considerable time on my sewing desk. Last night I cut out a tree shape and fused it onto dye-na-flow painted pellon. Boring! The depth, dark areas, came about while coffee dyeing some handmade paper; I can't stand to toss leftovers. What would happen if I lightly added some coffee? Much improved. The 4x6 inch piece is now waiting for further inspiration.

The example is the rust dyed leaf pattern and beneath it is a pre-dyed piece of fabric.

Quote: The day, sun, moon, night - I do not have to purchase these things with money. Plautus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like this as you know I have a thing for tree! Trees and sky:>) The fact that you don't throw things out makes your work even more interesting.