Thursday, March 26, 2009

Color on Fabric

A deconstructed screen print from a series of four. This one is the second in the series and started with purple dye on the screen, dried and printed with ochre. I wish I had taken better notes but, I'm pretty sure that the design is rubber bands. The process is messy and time consuming so I'm not sure if this is something I will do very often.
I have no idea why this pic looks like there is a swirly design running through it, there isn't. I'm still in love with Dye-na-flow paint for a quick way to get color onto fabric. This piece is muslin that was fan folded and painted with blue, dried, re-folded and painted with yellow. Interesting, I seem to be using a lot of yellow lately.

I ran across a link to this site and am seriously considering ordering some gel medium and colorants. Input is appreciated. The idea of earth friendly products appeals to me.

Quote: Faith is a bird that feels dawn breaking and sings while it is still dark. Scandinavian
Saying

No comments: