Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cirque re-visited


Not sure about this one yet, but it's getting closer. I posted a version of this one last year; it was on view for awhile then I put it away when I couldn't figure out how to improve it. I've added 3 paper cast swirls but that's the problem, they look added on! I like the swirl on the left, but the right side is just bloody awful! Maybe if I tone it down some . . .
I should have posted something green in honor of St. Patrick's Day.
Quote: It is not the years in your life, but the life in your years that counts. Adlai Stevenson

3 comments:

Julie said...

I think you're being a bit hard on yourself. It looks fine to me.

Unknown said...

Thanks, I'm beginning to like it now that I'm over my first reaction.

Val Foster said...

I love this piece Gail. I love the texture and the swirls. It's very unique and different. I agree with Julie, maybe you're too hard on yourself. Then again, as artists we all have our own expectations, and maybe this fell short of yours. But I think it's fabulous!