Sunday, February 11, 2007

Link of Interest

http://www.inaminuteago.com/blog/

Nope, I haven't fallen off of the planet! I doubt that I have a lot of readers so most likely it doesn't matter when or if I post anything. . . Yes, I know that I don't allow comments; I turned off that feature after repeatedly receiving SPAM's or "you think you have it bad" kinds of comments. My life is what it is; not great, not bad. I do my best to find something each day to be grateful for; be it a cloud chasing another cloud across the sky, saluting the voodoo tree, finding an affordable stainless steel bread box after just mentioning how nice it would be to have to declutter the kitchen counter, or having a friend plant some pots to brighten a corner on the patio. There is something every day to be grateful for!! Today I'm grateful that I was able to sleep in! And while that doesn't seem to be much in the scheme of things it helped to shape the day. The FM is rearing it's ugly head once again and I'm brain fatigued to the point of fearing that I too have Alzheimer's!!

Mom broke my heart on Friday when she asked me if there was anything else I could give her to improve her memory because she can't remember anything from one hour to the next! During my extensive research I discovered that I was already giving her the vitamins, minerals and other supplements listed as being helpful. Plus, she's taking Aricept. It must be awful knowing that you can't remember anything, but I'm grateful that right now she's aware of that. The next stage of Alzheimer's seems to be rapidly approaching where one isn't aware of not remembering anything. I'm not prepared!

My "friend" visited last week and we were able to see a little of the Salton Sea before driving an hour away to pick up his car that had died on the freeway the day before. He had planned to arrive by 5pm but as luck would have it the car stopped in the middle of a 4-lane freeway abruptly changing that plan! Out of the 3 days he was here we were able to have 2 days that were a mini-vacation! Driving to the Salton Sea, which turns out to be about 30 minutes from home, and then two days later looking for pots and plants for the patio and discovering a fabulous nursery in the most unexpected place behind a strip mall was a gift! We also stopped at a restaurant on El Paseo where we sat outside and "people watched." El Paseo resembles Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills! A plate of tempura and cold Corona beers was all it took for my thoughts to take flight to Paris and Italy where we have had similar experiences! So, the much-needed visit, while exhausting, was a respite from the tedium that is taking more of my time than I imagined.

Like so many I become cranky if I don't create something on a steady basis! At least photographing the shore at the Salton Sea gave me a boost.

The laundry is waiting in piles on the floor and mom can't remember how the washing machine works. She also no longer cares if the dark clothes are mixed with the whites as long as the piles are even! Stacy sorts laundry by categories making for an interesting laundry day!

Quote: Life is a Dance.
Find a partner!
Happy musings by Sally Huss

No comments: