Thursday, February 15, 2007

Salton Sea Postcard


Salton Sea Photos. The one on the bottom left was one of those times I was happy to have a camera in my hands! A cargo train was passing by when my friend said, "Now." I turned to see about a dozen red cars, raised the camera and clicked! I'm programed to react when he says "now." We have a short-hand photography vocabulary that comes from years of photographing together. The red against the arid desert backdrop, yummy!

Photo transfers on muslin, rubber stamps, faux stamps, stencils and edged stitched using a sewing machine that needs some tension adjustment! I've never been able to adjust the tension on sewing machines. HELP! Actually, the effect that the stitches provided helped make the postcard look even more aged, some times things work out.

No comments: