Friday, February 16, 2007

First Bloom!


For those who garden and know this particular flower you'll understand why I'm not even attempting to spell it! I can't locate its name tag. Anyway, this gorgeous bloom lasted all of one day before today's 89 degree temperature wilted the entire plant! I have hopes that after the soaking I gave it the poor plant will revive. One tomato plant also looks rather sad. I gave up and turned on the AC for the first time since November. My grandson's, ages 5 and 1, are arriving in a few hours to stay with us for a few days. It seems that mom and dad need a break which is nice for me because I get to spend time with the boys! One of the many reasons I moved to this HOT area was so that I would be able to see the boys more often. Jack packed his suitcases on Monday just to make sure he wouldn't forget to take anything to grandma's house.
Quote: For everything you have missed, you have
gained something else.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: