Sunday, January 21, 2007

Original postcard

I'm still under the weather! Have been for days and just when I started to feel better I got the notion to lay more brick down in the courtyard area between the house and the casita/guest room where mom mostly resides! When will I learn to wear a mask while doing yardwork, especially while working in the dirt?!?! The dust stirred up allergies and flu-like symptoms to the point that all I want to do is to crawl into bed and sleep. Darn fibromyalgia!

I can't be sick! I need to have my wits about me (what's with "notion" and "wits-about-me?" How odd that those phrases lept into my foggy-brain!) this week for the long drive to Rancho Mirage on Tuesday for another Thyroid scan that Stacy's new doctor seems to think is necessary. The last scan was a 3-part one that took two days to do. A lot of driving back and forth, so I has happy to learn that this 2-part one can be done in two hours. Stacy will have a shot and then we can go up the street to lunch at The River Mall and return two hours later.

Next weekend my youngest grandson, Matthew, turns one! How can that be?! Where in the heck did last year go?! Stacy and I will drive to Redondo Beach on Sat. and come home Sunday evening. My aunt and uncle swear they'll keep an eye on mom. I'm counting on their promise! I'm not looking forward to the 2+ hour drive though, but it will be great to have a change of scenery and perhaps a glimpse or two of the ocean!

It's difficult to tell, but the red stamp on the postcard (above) is the same bird image used for the focal point. Thank heavens for PSE! I can play for hours on the computer creating OOAK pieces! I'm not fond of abbreviated words or phrases, but sometimes a fabulous one comes along. "One-of-a-kind" is one of those cases when an acronym is even better than the original phrase. It's sublime to create Oh a k's! How can one not feel Okay while creating? I truly believe that Art Heals! It's during the pauses from creating that FM takes a strangle-hold on me.

No comments: