Wednesday, June 08, 2011

June, so far.

In case you haven't seen the latest youtube phenom:  Course, you'll be singing the song for the rest of the day, but it's worth it. Kudos to Grand Rapids for this 8+ minute video.

Quite a few cactus, or cacti (plural) are blooming. This one is at the top of a barrel cactus that sort of looks like a nest from the angle I photographed it.
 The grapes are daily ripening and if I don't bring in bunches of them, and if the birds don't feast on them, the grapes dry into delicious raisins; lower right in the photo. I found a recipe for a Grape Cake that I hope to try, if the birds leave me enough grapes.
And for fun I cut the long sleeves off an old denim shirt to about elbow length and then dipped the shirt into bleach. Viola! A new shirt to wear. I've considered using some fabric paint on the shirt, but what colors, coverage, design, etc? So for now I'll leave it alone unless someone offers a really good idea. Outside of Stacy going through the joys of a root canal June is okay, so far. I hope that everyone is having an exceptional June.

I'll end with this inspiring youtube piece.

2 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

your grapes look wonderful and home made raisins are delicious!! love the video!! and we do have water like arabs have oil!!

elena nuez said...

amazing colors and forms!!!
i loooove them!