Sunday, June 19, 2011

Outtake #2

This still life is another one that didn't make the cut for Seth's "Pulse." I love the wispy ethereal nest but so far the photos I've taken of it make the fragile nest look more like a blob, even with a marble egg in it. My neighbor found the nest on a lawn after one of the windstorms that recently blasted through the desert. She immediately thought of me when she couldn't figure out where it might have come from. It's rare when someone thinks that I might love something like a bird nest; I felt understood and that's such a marvelous feeling. The nest is definitely a treasure and even though it was never used as intended perhaps I can use it in my art.

I have difficulty enough creating art but this guy has created 100 different personalities and artwork to go with each one. check it out here.

For my dad, 1918-2000. Happy Father's Day.
 "If the new American father feels bewildered and even defeated, let him take comfort from the fact that whatever he does in any fathering situation has a fifty percent chance of being right." -- Bill Cosby

"A father is a guy who has snapshots in his wallet where his money used to be."   Unknown

4 comments:

Lisa said...

that's a lovely photo and quite an unusual nest..it doesn't look very structurally sound.. wonder what kind of bird built it?

Pam Huggins said...

Ah- it is still a lovely photo Gail. You have such a talent.

Seth said...

I really like this photo!!

ART*ticulation said...

Gail great photo, I'm amazed at how fragile it looks.