Sunday, August 30, 2009

#45 of 52 projects


It looks monsoonal outside, but the temp is still ridiculously high. 115 today with some humidity so it feels more like 120, or so the weather cast person informed us. I'm positive that I never wanted to know what temps this high felt like! It hurts, that's for sure. Every time the AC doesn't sound right I start to panic! We'd have to pack up and head west if the AC died, or the power went off.

Components: Altered photo, went for an aged look. Dyed fabric background, grey and red with some bleached muslin showing through. Machine stitched. Rust dyed cheesecloth.

This one is in honor of Christina's love of horses, one of many things we have in common.
Quotes: The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit, and fire. ~ Sharon Ralls Lemon
One reason why birds and horses are happy is because they are not trying to impress other birds and horses. Dale Carnegie

4 comments:

Val Foster said...

I love this one Gail. Especially the horse and the rust dyed cheese cloth. That cheese cloth really makes it for me. The red stitching and border is a great touch. Wonderful piece!

I wonder, did you dye the cc or actually rust it? Either way it looks fantastic.

ART*ticulation said...

Oh gail this is GREAT she is going to LOVE it i just know it.

Julie said...

I agree with Val, it's fab!

queenopearls said...

Sneaky! Didn't see this one, I have to catch up and wow... WOW, you KNOW I love it and am completely honored. Brings tears to my eyes, really.
I love the horse, the rust dyed cheesecloth and your stitching is right on! Love it to the tenth power!
Okay, let's go riding.. NOW!!
I'd love to kiss a horse right on the lips like I used to when I was a kid.
Mega love and hugs!