Saturday, February 07, 2009

#20 of 52 projects


I'm catching up after falling into a dark hole, figuratively speaking. I hate to admit it, but occasionally the health issues that have plagued me since childhood completely take over my life. If I fight against them or ignore them I end up deeper in the hole which is where I've been for nearly two weeks. I can finally see a glimmer of light and hope to be in complete daylight again soon. In meantime I dabbled with a few more glue resist pieces. This time I drew some wavy lines on a stretched screen intended for screen printing with dyes but used fabric paint instead. The first print turned out better than I thought it might. The second print wasn't as bold. Not being in the mood to make another printing I used rubber stamps to fill in some areas which greatly improved the piece. Days later the red lines of satin stitching were added and I'm now happy with it. Both pieces are 4x6 inches on canvas fabric. While the glue washed out of the mesh the paint stained it. Being that I made the screens I can replace the mesh as needed.

Quote: Where does one go from a world of insanity? Somewhere on the other side of despair. T.S. Eliot

1 comment:

ART*ticulation said...

Gail I absolutely love these I just like the feel and colors and the fringed edges are perfect for the 2 pieces.