Monday, February 09, 2009

#22 of 52 projects


This is week #22, so I'm caught up!
Components: more glue resist fabric paint experimenting. This time I didn't wash the glue out; I liked the effect of the paint on the glue. Lots of rambling stitches in purple a long with grid-like work on the left side. I did touch up the areas inside of the circles with ochre, purple and turquoise. Size: 4x6 inches

Woke up late to blustery winter day. Wind and drizzle make for a break from the ever-ending blue sky that one would think couldn't become boring. After years of months upon months of dreary fog that blanket the Monterey Peninsula the wide open blue sky here in the desert dazzled me. When clouds cross the sky I now cheer! Too much of a good thing can become mundane.

Quote: Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end. Author unknown

1 comment:

ART*ticulation said...

Gail circles seem to bring a piece together not to mention what they signify. It looks as though you have wire mesh on the left side of the piece. I'm sure that is not what it is at all.