Thursday, September 20, 2007

Embossed Metal

Oh my gosh! I was able to finally turn off the AC and open the windows! What a treat! I'd forgotten how nice it is to have fresh air. After dinner I was able to sit out on the patio and enjoy the gentle breeze and sound of the water fountain. I kept hearing, "just wait until summer is over and then you'll understand the lure of the desert." I'm starting to understand . . .

I had a scrap of gorgeous distressed fabric left over from the journal cover I made from one of Linda's Experimental Fabric Art Kits. The colors said "ocean" to me. I started playing around with metal and came up with this design. I also hand felted a few fibers onto the fabric in the hopes of suggesting movement . . . Wouldn't Linda's kits make great gifts?
http://www.texturedturtle.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are getting some coolness now and can begin to enjoy desert living.

Love the piece of artwork you have posted.
Colours are lovely :-)

Linda said...

Gail I love the embossed metal design, gorgeous!!
linda