Sunday, July 29, 2007

Painted Fabric

"T" sent me lots of fabulous fabric a few months ago. I don't know why but this print "wanted" some color on it. The red is courtesy of Golden's Fluid Acrylics; very tedious and even though I added textile medium to the paint it's a little on the stiff side. The green leaves, yellow and blue flowers are Marvy Fabric Markers. Easy, fast with fairly good coverage

Woke late, took an Advil sleeping aid, and assumed that the clock was wrong. The bedroom was still dark. When the shades were opened I was shocked to see heavy clouds had blanketed us. Hoping that the gloom also meant cooler temps I wandered outside to check on the garden. Oppressive heat slapped me in the face so hard that I wanted to scream. Its a good day to deep water the trees something I nearly gave up on while adjusting the drip. Just too hot too be outdoors going back and forth from the water faucet to the tree.

Our female cat decided that the newly painted fabric was the perfect place for a morning snooze. I tried to snap a photo of her lying on the fabric, but she's camera shy. She did however consent to adding shadows to the fabric by perching at the edge.

A spider decided that I was yummy; I'm now sporting 4 painful bites on my legs! We're in dire need of an exterminator! Too many crickets playing in the house at night, the gnat population has increased so much that yawning isn't advisable unless one enjoys a mouthful of them. and now spiders have entered the premises.

No comments: