Saturday, June 16, 2007

Mail Art!

Does anyone not love receiving mail art?! The postcard below is from Darlene. The mailing deadline for the A2Z/favorite quote postcard exchange is on Monday; today is Saturday! I of course waited until the last minute to put the finishing touches on mine. Darlene's work never fails to amaze me and this one is no exception; it's elegant in its simplicity and I'm thrilled that it's now in my collection!



The page on the left is from a foreign text book, Italian, that I dampened and placed over the rust sludge in the bottom of a plastic container. A couple of hours later I was treated to a beautiful stained paper! The container is dedicated to rusting fabric in and I imagine will continue to create wondrous amounts of sludge for dyeing paper in.

Quote on the postcard: Discovery consists of looking at the same thing as everyone else and thinking something different.
Albert Szent Gyorgi

No comments: