Tuesday, August 12, 2014

August Moon - New Camera

 The gift of a full moon! Sometimes it does take a  new "tool"
to "see differently." The faithful Powershot SX10 gave me years of seeing the
world through its lens and now its child has taken up the reigns. Canon Powershot SX50. 
I've considered a DSLR but know that the weight of a larger camera is too
much camera for spontaneity. At least for me it is. Knowing
how I work is important when buying a new camera.


 A little PSE enhanced. I haven't been able to photograph
the moon since moving from medium format 
 to digital cameras over a decade ago. Doing a Happy Dance!


 First moon shot with new camera. 


Palm tree detail. 

R.I.P. Robin Williams
I don't think I've ever felt as sad about any celebrity 
passing as I feel about Robin.

3 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

Yes.. These are so beautiful.. Such great work you do and a nice tribute to RW.. Xo

Pam Huggins said...

Beautiful shots Gail! Thanks for the camera review too.
Looks like this camera does fantastic! Love the moon and the Palm tree detail. Wow!
Probably has something to do with the operator. :-)

RIP Robin.

Marilyn said...

Wonderful images, Gail. I agree with you -- losing Robin Williams is like a beautiful light extinguished. He will be missed by many.