Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday Fotos - End of the Calla Lily and Sea Urchin Season

 Just as expected, the Calla Lily isn't faring well in the heat, but then neither am I. Hopefully, it
will return next year so that I can create more images of its sculptural magnificence. 
In the meantime, I will continues to play with the few images I was able to capture. 

 It's also the end of the Sea Urchin Cactus season. 

 The bee kept buzzing my hand while I was taking this photo; he wanted
the bloom all to himself.  All I wanted was one great
shot of the bee and I ended up with three. 
We both were blessed.

 Zoom lens photo of the Sea Urchins in the garden.

This image fascinates me. Roger and I often visited Hakone Japanese Garden in Saratoga, CA.
 Unhappily, I never got a decent photo of the Koi ponds or the bamboo gardens.
 I recently ran across an image of bark on a Eucalyptus tree that I blended with
a bamboo image; both images were taken at Hakone
And now I finally have a photo that feels like Hakone always felt to me, if that makes sense.
While watching this video of Hakone I was able to once enjoy the small garden
and remember areas that I had forgotten.
Gotta love armchair traveling. 

1 comment:

ART*ticulation said...

Very kewl love all the flowers and you must have been patient with the bee! Love the last photo the texture! Yum.