Saturday, August 04, 2007

Finished Funky Journal Cover

I can honestly say that even though I've been dying to make a funky journal I never would have created one if it weren't for the amazing kit Linda sent me! It was the incentive I needed. I finally have a funky journal cover for my small journals. I decided to make a slip-on one so that I can remove it when I'm slopping on paint, plus I can use it on any of my small journals.


I added a little hand-stitching and dimensional paint to the front cover to bring out the organic lines that Linda had painted. I scrunched up the dyed cheesecloth from the kit and placed it under the ceramic button that is attached with copper wire and added some beads.
The backside is a piece of Lutradur that was color washed in blues and greens with white gesso drizzled over the surface. There is a piece of the distressed fabric left-over that might be the base for a hanging.

So, do keep an eye on what Linda is doing:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/texturedturtle/
Kits can great jump-start creativity!

No comments: