Sunday, August 19, 2007

Digital Play

Sometimes I'm easily amused. I cut out words from the local newspaper, Banned, Vacancy, Worth repeating, Unlimited Possibilities, Say what?, and Nuisance and scanned them into the computer. Made a brush in PSE and started playing. The result is rather silly; who knew that reds, browns, yellow, and black would end up looking like a Hershey candy wrapper.
This altered image is from a Black and white photo I found in my collection. There is some lettering over the images of faces that I was hoping would be more evident.

In the Studio: I finally finished a sewing project that had been on hold since before the "getaway." The instructions for this particular McCall's scrubs shirt are poorly written, so much so that I needed to figure out how to assemble it in my own way. It's okay, but nothing I'd wear out of the house! There must be a better pattern for a scrubs shirt! All I wanted was a few easy to sew shirts to wear at home, but I got a major headache instead.

Quote, or thought for today: A clever person turns great troubles into little ones and little ones into none at all. Chinese proverb.

No comments: