Friday, August 31, 2007

Card from NZ!


One year ago this month I had just returned home to Pacific Grove from seeing the house-in-the-desert, exhausted and scared that I'd make the wrong decision when something wonderful happened! Visitors from New Zealand! Raewyn was traveling with two of her ten children and had been to parts of the west coast and was in route to Mexico. The Monterey Peninsula wasn't on the direct route of their travels so I felt honored that they'd made the side-trip. Raewyn sent me this wonderful "anniversary" card to celebrate our meeting. The text on the front reads, "You've got style! You've got class! You've got personality!" The yummy textured background is oil paint squidged between greaseproof paper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I haven't been to your blog for a long time, and I forgot about the great quotes you publish. I think I originally found you and your blog thro the Art Journaling class I took a year or 2 ago. I'm thinking you were a moderator or something--you posted with good ideas and methods now and then.

Unknown said...

Yes, I was a moderator of Zura's yahoo group. Once I got caught up in a move to the desert I needed to curtail a lot of things. Thanks for dropping by! I'm going to attempt to once again post techniques.