Sunday, June 18, 2006

Crow Response!


This photo is my take on the glut of crow images in mixed media work! It's like the dunce caps, crowns and wings on people; I wonder when this craze will end. I also wonder if imitation is always flattering? Do people really need to soar with wings on them? Do they really need caps and crowns on their heads? Crows aren't all that exciting, are they? This one is a thief who often flies off with items from my front yard. He loves nothing better than to sit on the chimney and wait for me to go indoors so he can steal again. Mmmmm, well maybe crows do symbolize something in an odd and curious way . . . This thief did sneak his way into my work a few posts ago!

Two days later from Robert Genn's "Twice Weekley Letter." "Work in series so paintings come out of themselves. Cruise your work-in-progress for new motifs or designs. Name and claim your particular methods and touches." And, "Original styles start with understanding that art is not necessarily what is seen--but what is to be seen."

New motifs and designs!

No comments: