Saturday, June 24, 2006

Cactus Flower

I never remember to photograph this 24-hour bloom that a rather mundane cactus produces a couple of times a year. In the mail today was a nifty 5-inch Vanguard tripod I ordered a couple of days ago. It helps to steady the digital camera for close-ups!! The top two photos were taken with the digital and the bottom one with my mini digital toy camera! I couldn't resist a key chain camera when I saw it advertised on Overstock.com a couple of months ago. If you love the uncertainity, playful, arty-type photos that toy, Lomo or Holgas take then an Innovage is for you! You might get a sharp image like the flower, but more often than not there will be some uncontrollable vignetting and peculiar lighting.

I had considered purchasing one of the Polariod toy-type cameras, but I love the frugality of non-film cameras! Though, this little camera does eat up the AAA batteries!

No comments: