Thursday, November 04, 2010

Funk?

 Woke up in a funk for some reason. I kept hearing the phrase, "Get happy any way you can." What makes me happy is to play with photos. It worked!

What makes you happy? I'd love to hear.
This is a vintage image that I've used a few time. (more available on my etsy.) The background on the top one is one of my paintings. The bottom version is manipulated from tree bark. I'm sure that you guessed that.

You might  have noticed the logo on the right for NaNoWriMo? A good friend, Pam, and I are taking the challenge together, it's good to have an encouraging buddy! The goal is to write 50,000 in 30 days. The idea is to write a rough draft of a novel without editing it. The daily goal is 1,667 words a day. The first day was easy. The second day wasn't as easy due to a long-drawn out doctor appointment; I didn't leave the office in very good mood. I would have taken the day off, but this early in the challenge I didn't dare. Yesterday was endless, but I managed to write more than 1667 words. Day 4, I haven't started yet. I probably should start . .. oops! the earth just shook. I prefer small earthquakes but could have done with this tiny one. I'm sure that the news tonight will be full of predictions, once again, about the big that is believed to happen soon. Oh, and the weather will be a major topic as well; record breaking heat this week.

3 comments:

Kim Palmer said...

No funks for you Gail, crack that whip and back to the writing, LOL! Actually I saw the NaNoWriMo over on another blog, good luck with that one. They say we all have a novel in us somewhere, but mine will have to wait, I'm too busy!

Anonymous said...

Gail- You are doing fantastic with NaNo! I'm so impressed with all that you do.
What makes me happy? Feeling rested because it doesn't happen often.
Your photo manipulations are superb. I hope the weather and earthquakes cooperate out there!
I haven't done my word count yet today, but I'm going to start very soon. :-))

Caterina Giglio said...

glad you got happy and woohoo for an inner voice that tells you that, your pieces are wonderful and I love the challenge that you have undertaken wow! in awe of U!!