Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Thrift Store finds


I haven't dropped into the various Thrift Stores in the area for sometime now. After making the rounds of 5 and not finding anything, to my dismay, I happened upon a case full of gems. Can you picture these on mixed media pieces? I can. I'm always drawn to anything with a horse on it; the pin will find a home, maybe on a jacket. Leaves seemed to jump out at me along with the birds.
Well, we're off to Loma Linda Medical Center tomorrow for a five hour kidney transplant evaluation. Stacy has been on dialysis for 7 years; the nephrologist at the dialysis clinic thinks that Stacy is a good candidate for a transplant. The neurologist told me on Sat morning when he phoned with the results of the ambulatory EEG test that Stacy is also a good candidate for brain surgery for epilepsy. Interesting and scary!
Quote: if you fall in love with an idea, you won't see the merits of alternative approaches--and will probably miss an opportunity or two. One of life's great pleasures is letting go of a previously cherished idea. Then you're free to look for new ones. What part of your idea are you in love with? What would happen if you kissed it goodbye?
Roger von Oech

2 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds like you have some major challenges ahead but it would be wonderful if they have a positive outcome for Stacey. I hope the hospital visit went well.
You had some great finds at the Thrift shop.

Carol said...

I've just had a quick look at your blog. You have created fantastic art and your photography is gorgeous. I'm need to come back and spend more time to be inspired. I love the quotes you include.