Saturday, April 07, 2007



I like to think of this time of year as one of renewal, so with that in mind I'm nourishing my soul with books that mean something to me. Most of which seem to be by Julia Cameron.


"We carry wisdom in our bodies. We carry memories and we carry, too, the medicine for what ails us. We can walk our way to sanity. We can walk our way to clarity. Baffled and confused, we can walk our way to knowing the 'next right step.'

In difficult times, many of us intuitively start walking. We may walk our way through divorce, a breakup, or job change. We may walk our way out of one identity and into another, newer and better-suited to us. Answers come to us while we walk--sometimes the answers come to use before the questions. We just get the itch to start walking and when we do, we then begin to get a sense of why."
Julia Cameron, Finding Water


I had hoped that I would spend more time walking once we moved to a gated community. I know longer felt safe walking the path next to the ocean, too many crimes committed and I didn't want to be a statistic. But I find that now I don't to see the same houses over-and-over nor do I want to be friendly when meeting strangers out for their walk or in their yards! Always a dilemma! I'm considering walking after dark when it's still warm out, but then mom and Stacy want to walk with me . . . Always the trio!!


The other dilemma is that I don't have a smidgen bit of desire to create anything! I've been down this path before and I imagine it's only temporary, but then perhaps a new direction is in the wings? What?


No comments: