Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9/11 a Day of Reflection


 It's good to get a different perspective of where one lives. Even if the photo is a bit tilted! This was a grab shot out of the car window taken from a viewpoint I rarely see of La Quinta. Usually, I'm going from one errand to another without really "seeing." But on this day I took the camera with us solely intent on getting a few photos of the mountains and glorious clouds. Is there anything more stupendous than clouds? Okay, probably sunsets, but when clouds cross the sky I'm uplifted for some strange reason. Maybe it's the shapes or textures, or perhaps it's white against blue that moves me, all I know is that I smile more. I was able to get one photograph from this vantage point and then the unforeseen happened. The disk was full! If I had been able to take more photos I'm positive that I would have gotten a shot that wasn't tilted, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Desert mountains.


1 comment:

Marilyn said...

These mountains are so magical. Every time I go to Palm Springs, and it has been a few years, I'm drawn to the beauty. So what if it's tilted. LOL