Thursday, August 12, 2010

Nuggets of Joy

Nuggets of Joy have evaded me lately. grrrr! But today they seem to be plentiful and perhaps are making up for the last week or so? I've watched this video numerous times after seeing a post on Face-book and today it popped into my radar again. There is something very poignant and uplifting about Tanya Davis and her approach to being alone. Kudos to Bravo fro producing the video and to Andrea Dorfman who filmed it. It's shot in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Enjoy!


When I finally climbed out of bed at 10:30 this morning I as greeted by 9 cactus blooms and yes I know I've shared photos of them before. But if there is infatuation shouldn't that be shared? By the time I wandered outside the heat had taken its toll on the blooms and they were beginning to lose their joy and fall off of the plants. Hm, they might make great still-life images. I envision hours of playing with PSE using the dozen or so images that shot. More images are on the photo blog.
 Any guesses about what the top photo is of?

Quote: Learn to expect, not to doubt. In doing so you bring everything
 into the realm of possibility. Norman Vincent Peale.

The free counter on the right side of this blog hit 16660 today. Wonder who will be #16666.

4 comments:

queenopearls said...

Beautiful photos! I can see limitless possibilities with the flowers.
The unknown looks like the bottom of a head of lettuce. :)
The video is lovely and fun!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos Gail! I absolutely love them and love the green. I will have to watch the video. It must be being watched a lot right now because it wouldn't play. I will return though, so thanks for posting it.
I don't know what your top photo is. Looks like the bottom of a cabbage but I wonder if it has something to do with cactus? I look forward to knowing!
Glad you are getting more nuggets today! You deserve them.

Anonymous said...

The flowers will be awesome to work with in PS, I can't wait to see what you come up with.
The top pic I think must have something to do with the plant the flowers came off of.
The video is nice, I spend many hours alone and am never lonely, but when Tim comes home mmmmmmmm. I guess i'm not really alone i have all my fury family :>)

Seth said...

These photos are so inspirational to me. I find the colors to be so calm and soothing too!