Sunday, June 27, 2010

Painted stamped fabric

Let the painting and stamping of fabric commence; not much choice when the heat in the garage is ridiculously hot. Handmade stamp, white paint, over blue on top of cheap muslin. I'm attempting to create a collection of fragment pieces.

On the left is a handmade Styrofoam stamp. On the right we have stamping from Styrofoam meat trays in gold and metallic rust.

  
A scrap of pellon first stamped with impressions from Styrofoam meat trays, the dark lines/patterns. Then lots of color washes, then more stamping, then gold metallic lines.

 
Painted fusible web. I have no idea what I'll iron this onto. I might use strips of it, or? But in the meantime I've added a photo of it to my digital background collection.

Quote: Do things that make your day precious. Bernie Siegel
              

5 comments:

queenopearls said...

I agree with Carol! :)
wonderful wonderful wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Grunge ummmmmmm they are yummy, I can't pick a fav they are all yummy!

Joyce said...

Very inspiring! I have to get to stamping and painting very soon...

Julie said...

Beautiful prints and I love the painted fusible web.

Val Foster said...

Ditto what everyone else said. These are just wonderful. Especially the one done with the meat trays. That one really draws me in. I saved a meat tray just the other day.

I'm so glad you've been getting new art done and posting it. I love the new look of your blog. I'm wondering if my blog needs some sprucing up? It's been on my mind lately anyway.

Now I will peruse your blog and see what I've been missing lately. It's a pleasure. BTW, thanks so much for your recent comments on my blog.