Monday, September 22, 2008

In the Mail

One of the cards I received for my birthday! Details are: Started off with canvas paper, glued some text and part of napkin with gel medium followed by watered down acrylic paint, while wet rinse aid was poured on. Dried and painted another watered down color, repeated rinse aid and dried. Did some gesso with ribbon waste. Added flourishes and grunge board. Grunge board was painted and embossed and painted. Added Happy Birthday!

Thanks DW!!!

***************
I spent my birthday at the Montecito Inn. The next day I was "back home" in Carmel for the weekend. My heart broke when I moved from the Monterey Peninsula two years ago on the 30Th of this month so I imagined that I'd have a difficult time leaving again, but it's true, it really is hard to go home again! Maybe home is where one is planted.

Quote:
"When you finally go back to your old hometown, you find it wasn't the old home you missed but your childhood"
Sam Ewing

1 comment:

marieJ' said...

Love this quote...How true...been to my home town twice in last 40 years and every time I cried a river....childhood gone and only memories left.

marieJ'