Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Photo Challenge

I believe that if you can't photograph your surroundings in an exciting and expressive way it won't matter how far you travel to photograph; the subject matter may be different but without acute obserservation a change in locale won't improve your photography. I also believe that we should occasionally observe our surroundings with a "fresh eye." Become a tourist in your own house or town!

Outside of few day trips this summer I don't have any major vacation plans so it's the perfect time to concentrate on making "anew" what is in my own backyard. The photos on the left were shot on the 16-18th ; the "712" is obviously a house number. The rocks are of my fireplace and I sort of cheated on the bottom photo, but the crate is in my yard! A friend gave me a crate with peeling paper on it and it's a treasure!

Not only is the challenge to photograph something every day for awhile but to do something with the photographs. The 3 images on the left were used in the manipulated photo on the right.

No comments: