Monday, July 10, 2006

Hwy 156

The day, June 30, I shot this I had no idea what the night held for me! This shot can only be taken from a moving car and I've tried for years to get it. The road is narrow, busy and the speed is normally about 65, but on that day we were able to slow down to about 45. I had rolled the window down and my friend, the driver, said, "now," and I clicked! I'm pretty happy with it.

On that Friday we were on our way to San Juan Bautista for lunch at our favorite German restuarant and after I shot the above photo I thought the day would continue to be perfect. The weather in San Juan was a perfect 85 with a slight breeze. Lunch was great and browsing through a couple of antiques shop turned up a post card of a man riding in a carriage. In another shop I purchased a printing block with a motif design.

At about 10pm I was downloading some photos when the computer froze and then delivered a message on the screen letting me know that Windows had shut down to protect the computer from further damage. I had no idea what that meant but when I couldn't reboot I knew in the place where we sometimes know things we don't want to know that the computer had crashed big time! The next evening at 4:45 I got the word from a guy at PC People that I had been right and of course I hadn't backed up anything in about 2 years! Hysteria!

A week later the computer has a new hard drive and I can honestly say that life feels a little bit lighter now that there isn't so much stuff on the computer! Maybe it was a good thing to lose so much of my work. I had no idea that it was dragging me down. Posted by Picasa

No comments: