Saturday, September 10, 2011

MizRiley 1999-2011

Brother and sister. August, 2011. I didn't know it at the time I took this photo that our sweet girl was leaving us. Spencer, on the right, seemed to know; he started  sleeping with his arm around her.
They arrived in our lives Christmas 1999, a gift from my daughter and son-in-law. It's hard to believe that she was ever as tiny as she was in the basket. She weighed 21 pounds on Aug. 23 when she spent two nights in the animal hospital. Fast growing cancer that went undiagnosed until she lost the ability to breathe on Sept 3rd. 


Our sweet girl. Oct. 1999  - Sept. 3, 2011

5 comments:

queenopearls said...

I adore your tribute to your sweet girl MizRiley. What a sweet face. Wow, she's a beauty. Thank you for writing this. I know it was hard.
Mega MEGA love and hugs!!!!!!!

Penny said...

We love them so much and their lives are so much shorter than ours, always heartbreaking when we lose them.
Thinking of you.

Pam Huggins said...

Oh Gail- I am so sorry for your loss. Our pets mean so much to us, we open our hearts because we must, and they enrich our lives beyond measure. She will be missed.
Pam

ART*ticulation said...

They are adorable thanks so much for posting this I know this has been hard for you and Stacy. I hope in time the pain lessens. They are family members and those w/o animals have a hard time understanding.
Love you and I do understand!

hw (hallie) farber said...

I'm sorry about MizRiley--pets are such a a loving part of our lives.