Friday, November 23, 2007

Rust dyeing (painting)

Being that I was so long-winded yesterday I thought I'd just post a quick one today. There isn't a paint on the market that duplicates the color of rust, at least I've never found one. For the background on this assemblage I dipped a wet brush into rust dust that had settled on the bottom of a metal lid and dabbed it onto the textured canvas.
The amaryllis in the digital collage below lasted over a week before dying. Happily, the next bloom on the plant is just about ready to burst forth. Elegance in its purest form!

Quote: Your thoughts are your future. Make them glorious. Sally Huss

1 comment:

hippopip said...

I have been reading your past blogs your rusted vessel is lovely, regarding getting a rust colour, have you ever tried Golden¬s Quinacridone/ Nickel Azo Gold, as used so beautifully by Purple Missus, it is the most expensive paint i have ever bought but they are superb