Sunday, December 30, 2007

Winter in the Desert

I've been playing around with the concept of "looking through the viewfinder." This photo sort of looks like a modified pinhole camera effect. In the same open space just outside of the complex I live in are some palm trees that caught my eye earlier today. On my return trip from the dialysis clinic I stopped to photograph the palm trees that are being removed from the plot of land; their tops have been shorn off making them look rather sad. I was picking up some dried wood when I glanced up and saw this common desert scene. I don't know how many times I've driven past this corner without paying attention to what was begging to be photographed; in my defense though, if a lot of the brush hadn't been recently mowed down I would never have noticed the drama of the landscape. Tip: slow down to see what is right in front of you.

Some of my favorite New Year's Quotes:
An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. ~Bill Vaughan

Many people look forward to the new year for a new start on old habits. ~Author Unknown

A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other. ~Author Unknown

No comments: